It started back in June, when I ran across the challenge, and I decided to go for it. What was supposed to be a 6 week program took me 15! :-/ Some of that was due to a crazy summer, but even if I had been able to follow the program exactly, I don’t think that 6 weeks would have been a enough.
Here is a link to my progress spreadsheet. This shows it took me 4688 push ups to reach the goal!
I did not finish quite as strong as I would have liked. When I got to 90 or so, I was really hurting. But I changed hand positions a couple of times and somehow got through the last 10.
I actually don’t want to stop the push-ups now, but I do want to work on a new form. I came across an article showing the elbows should be in (while mine are splayed out) and some other differences. Now that I did 100 straight, I will go back and work on form. I also am thinking of some kind of quarterly or yearly challenge, where I pick something like 5000 push ups in a given quarter, along with other exercises and goals such as pull-ups, running, biking, etc. I’ve already started a little spreadsheet on that and will likely share more on it soon.
And now on to my goal of 15 straight pull-ups!