This thing is a bit of a pain to set up — 8 screws to get into the outdoor units battery compartment! I guess that’s to reduce the chance of water getting in, but it seems a bit excessive. The other thing is the manual is terrible. I could not figure out how to get the indoor receiver to synch to the outdoor unit, until I went over and read the reviews on Amazon.com. Turns out the key is to hit the reset buttons with a paper clip on both units until they synch!
Now if only it would rain so I could see if it works. Seriously, I did test it by spraying water in and the counter does go up, so I guess that’s a good sign that it will work.