We met again for Cooking Club, this time with a theme of “Summer Favorites.”
Our friend Cole made this for us, without the tuna, a few years back on a trip to the mountains. It may have been from Food and Wine but I’m not sure.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 1 large european cucumber, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- plus 1 tbsp finely diced
- 3/4 cup plain low fat yogurt
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/8 tsp mild cury powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (or more for a nice little kick!)
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice (we halved this)
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 lb tuna steak
- 3 tbsp binely diced tomato
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 tbsp snipped chives
- 1 tsp finely chopped parsley
In a blender or food processor, puree coarsely chopped cucumber with yougurt, water, curry, cayenne, 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice. Season with salt n pepper then refridgerate.
Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in small skillet. Add tuna and cook over high heat for 2 minutes, turning once. (Note tartare is supposed to be 100% rare, no??) Cut into 1/4″ dices. Toss with diced cuumber, tomato, shallot, chives, parsley, and 2 tsp olive oil, 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
Pour soup into bowls, top with tuna mixture.