Oh no! Here is late December and I never wrote anything about my Hinson lake experience! Since it’s so late, here’s just a few bullet points and a few pictures:
- Great race, great aid stations, great atmosphere, definitely on my list to do again!
- It’s hard to go big in a 24 hour when your weekly mileage is piddly — see my predictions post here… I had 81 miles at BMM24 in May, had 24 hours on my feet of some running, some hiking, and lots of bushwhacking at the World Rogaine Championships in August, but not much more than that. Maybe just one 20 mile run all summer outside of those two events.
- I still had a great time and knocked out 81 miles in about 19 hours, when I crawled into my tent and went to bed
- When I woke with about an hour left, I thought about trying to get a couple more loops — but instead decided to make a nice cup of hot coffee and just spectate — you should have seen the looks I got and heard the comments I received from all the runners. 🙂
- gear: sport kilt, altra one2, hoka stinson, under armor compression shorts, ice breaker sleeveless, buff, garmin 620 which was not very good! (gps tracking off and battery died early)
- food: grape juice water honey mix, vfuels, chips and guac (too spicey!), probably some hard boiled eggs and maybe the sweet potato coconut oil mix I make, but I really don’t recall. a bit of food from the aid stations…
Crazy “tent city” at the start…
R2 really enjoyed it, and ran 3 loops with me. At this point I was 45+ miles in and he was running circles around me… Kelly ran a few loops with me too, but as she was the photographer, I have no photos of her! 😦
Oh, and here are my splits:
|Lap||Distance||Time Out (from notes taken while on course)||Notes||Actuals Lap Times from Timex|
|3||4.51||1st few were messed up as I forgot to push the lap button at the right time!|
|35||52.61||10:24||half way to goal||21:21|
|40||60.13||12:22||8 pm Tylenol 500mg||0:27:28|
|54||81.17||18:40||went to bed||?|
When my times were consistently approaching 30 minutes and I knew 100 was out of reach, I went to bed.