So since my PT appointment a few days back, I’ve stuck to the exercises I was given:
– 5 min stationary bike no resistence
– 5 min treadmill (at 3 – 3.5 mph),
– patella mobilization (medial and inferior)
– quad presses (30 x 5 sec hold)
– hamstring presses (30 x 5 sec hold)
– knee to chest (10 x 5 sec hold)
And I’ve been icing it 7 or 8 times a day.
I feel like I could walk and ride further, but I’m going to hold off. I don’t want to push it too much yet. There is still swelling and still some pain/discomfort. I usually feel stiff when I 1st start pedaling but then it loosens up rather quickly. Also, the patella mobilizations are still a bit tough to do because I’m still tender/sore.
I’ll see the Doctor on Monday, as well as the PT, so maybe I’ll be able to bump up the ride/walk times then.