It’s been a while since I’ve posted so here’s a quick update just about 1 month after surgery:
– I’m up to 30 minutes walking on the treadmill, with a high speed of 4.0 mph
– Just added some inclines up to 5%
– 10 minutes on stationary bike with almost 0 resistence
– lots of leg lifts (vmo/quad, hip abduction, hip adduction)
– still icing a few times a day
– knee flex stretches still hurt, and last measurement was at 133 degrees
– still doing patella mobilization stretches
The knee is still a bit swollen, but overall progress is good. Well, I see folks running after a scope in 2 to 3 weeks, and that makes me feel like I’m not progressing that much. But I know I had a fair amount done — more than just simple cartlidge clean up. So I have to keep it in perspective. I have good days and bad days with that, but more good than bad recenlty.
I would like to start running in the next few days, even if it’s just for 2 or 3 minutes. I see my PT tomorrow and the Dr. on Monday, so we’ll see what they say. Knee flexes are still somewhat painful when I get to 130 degrees or so, and I need to get back to 140.
Also, I’ve just noticed in the last day or two that the knee seems a bit unstable on non smooth ground. It seems to give or “buckle” very slightly here and there. Things change so much that hopefully this is just a passing phase. With the limited use of the past month, and the use it has had being all very controled, maybe this is expected.