I think this was from Health magazine, but when I searched their archives, I could not find it.
- 1 pound uncookted orecchiette (“little ears”) pasta (we used bow tie)
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved (we at least triple this! 🙂 )
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp grated lemon rind
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice (too much!! definitely use less than this to start and add to taste)
- 2 canned anchovy fillets packet in oil, drained
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbs chopped red onion
- 2 tbs chopped fresh basil (and/or oregano)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- We also like to add cubed buffalo mozzerala
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
While pasta is cooking, combine capers and next 8 ingredients in a bowl. (capers – pepper)
Return pasta to pan, stir in caper anchovy mixture, tomatoes, onion, basil, and parsley. Sprinkle with Cheese. Enjoy!